Club Champion – Ladies and Men’s
The Club Champion Award is an age-graded competition, using best recorded times from 2 distances from 5k to half marathon. The man and woman with the highest aggregate age-related score become Club Champions.
A reminder goes out to runners towards the end of the year asking for members to submit details of their 2 best races to the Awards team. You have to be in it to win it.
View the Good Run website to work out your age grade percentage https://www.goodrunguide.co.uk/AgeGraded.asp?BackLink=AgeGradingl
Cross Country Champions
DRR presents a Men’s and Ladies Cross Country Champion award, this is worked out by our XC co-ordinators – the winner is the runner with the lowest aggregate score over the most events. So a runner who does all 5 will automatically beat someone who has run less events.
X Country Represented Awards
Certificates are presented to DRR members who represented the club at 2 and more X Country events.
- Gold Award – represented Club at 4 and above events
- Silver Award – represented Club at 3 events
- Bronze Award – represented Club at 2 events
Marilyn Day Award (voted by members)
The Marilyn Day Award is a now a member-voted award and goes to a DRR female club member only who mirrors Marilyn’s qualities.
- Marilyn Day was supportive to all club members regardless of ability in their racing ups and downs.
- She was very welcoming to new members.
- Marilyn regularly attended club nights, Mondays and Wednesdays and some weekend runs.
- Marilyn helped with club organised races.
- Marilyn always joined in with team events.
Lisa Langford Award
The Lisa Langford award is a committee-voted
award and goes to a DRR club member or their son or daughter, (if not old
enough to be a club member), or whole family who has made a regular
contribution to the support or organisation of DRR events (such as the
Challenge, 5k relay, Friendship Mile, XC), local park runs (regular or junior)
or any other local running event which DRR is supporting.
Lisa herself was very much involved in all the above, if not organising, she’d be there volunteering with a huge smile on her face and support for every runner. Lisa was keen to encourage all our club members and their families to take part in events in whatever way they could.
This award is to recognise the hard work of individuals and their families who work behind the scenes and on the course that help to make our runs more enjoyable.
Most Improved Runner
The Most Improved Runner Award is a committee-voted award and goes to a DRR club member that the committee feels has improved the most during the year.
Runner’s Runner (voted by members)
This is an award given to someone chosen entirely by you and should be someone who has either helped you with your training, supported you, paced you, inspired you, helped you get back when you were down, organised runs for you, done something worth recognising or is just an all-round good egg that you love to go running with! Absolutely anyone can be included in this.
One vote per member – voting will stay open until Friday 15th February (the day before the presentation evening)
Online voting will be available soon.
County Championship Awards
These are races that are selected by the Beds AAA.
The 2019 Beds County Championship races are as below in date order, full details can be found on their website here.
- 20 Mile – Oakley – will be held 24th March
- 5 Mile – John O’Callaghan – Luton – will be held on 30th June
- 10km – Bedfordshire AAA road race – will be held at Bedford on 19th July. (As the race is put on by the county full results are on their site)
- 5km – Doug Anderson – Bedford – will be held on 31st July.
- 10 Mile – Leighton Buzzard – will be held on 22nd September TBC.
- Half Marathon – Wootton – will be held on 1st December TBC
- Marathon – No Championships in 2019
- A Gold medal will be awarded to first place in any category. Nobody will receive more than one gold medal. Medals will usually be awarded on the day.
- Beds AAA made the decision that as of 2018 no medals or certificates will be given for second or third place.
- So DRR will be producing certificates for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place and will present them at our annual Awards Presentation evening.
Volunteer Hero Award
A new award introduced for our 2019 Presentation evening is the Volunteer Hero Award
Club Members will be presented with a certificate for volunteering against the criteria below:
- Volunteer Hero Award – Volunteered at 4+ events
- Volunteer Hero Award – Volunteered at 3 events
- Volunteer Hero Award – Volunteered at 2 events
Leader Commitment Awards
Our Leaders will be thanked with Leader Commitment Awards
- These will be presented to all Leaders that have led in 2018 who will be thanked and be given a thank you memento.