Three Counties Cross Country Series
Dunstable Road Runners belongs to the Three Counties Cross Country League (3CXC), which is a friendly Sunday league comprising 13 clubs from Bucks, Beds, Northants and Herts and it’s open to all age groups and abilities.
As a fully paid up (not 2nd claim) member of Dunstable Road Runners you may take part in the competition without any additional cost as the club funds the race fees although you must register with our Club Captain (watch out for updates). Minimum age is 17 on the day of the first race.
The season usually runs from October into January and comprises 5 races, each around 5-6 miles long starting at 10am on Sunday mornings. The courses vary from year to year, as clubs take turns to host events but you can be assured of mud, hills and finishing with tea, sandwiches and cake.
Details can be found on the league website here (not currently updated with 2023/2024 fixtures.
Most venues do not have shower facilities and the Race HQ may be some distance from the start. So come with something warm to wear from HQ to the start, then once you’ve finished you can pop the warmer layer back on (be prepared for it to get dirty!).
Our Club Captain or our Club XC Administrator will be looking after your belongings at the start / finish line. You will need to hand in your token to them, so that results can be worked out. Everyone stays to watch and cheer on all our runners to the finish line before heading back for a hot drink, filled rolls & cake. Runners are encouraged to bring their own cups to help avoid unnecessary use of plastic cups.
In a nut shell, scoring is confusing.
The first 8 men and first 4 ladies from each club score points for the team, based upon their position. But every single runner gets points and contributes to the overall team score. So please don’t think “I’m too slow” it doesn’t matter. We need you.
The overall league results are based upon the club position from each race. Separate scoring is maintained for mixed, male and female competitions. Yes, this is confusing, don’t worry about it, we just need to make sure we have 8 men & 4 women for every event, more is a bonus.
Club photo is a must & will be taken before the start. We try to car share where possible, some of these are a bit of a journey. Details will be posted on Facebook in good time before each event. Please come along and enjoy a muddy run with your buddies.
- You will be issued with a number at or before the event. That same number will be worn for all the league race. Please don’t lose it!
- You need to run in club colours as these are team races. If you don’t have one, you can borrow one.
- At the end of the finishing tunnel, you will be handed a token denoting your finishing position. Please hand token to the Club Captain or member assigned to collect tokens.
- The times are recorded on team result sheets which are handed into the club on Administration duty who will collate them and submit to the league co-ordinator.
- There are 5 races and following the last race the final league positions will be announced and individual runner awards will be announced.
Details of the 2023/24 season:
- 29th October 2023 Wellingborough
- 26th November 2023 Wootton
- 17th December 2023 North Herts
- 14th January 2024 Stopsley Striders
- 4th February 2024 Dunstable Lions
Other Clubs in the league are:
Ampthill & Flitwick Flyers
Bedford Harriers AC
Dunstable Road Runners
Northampton Road Runners
North Herts Road Runners
Team East Haddon
Wellingborough & District
Wooton Road Runners