Cross Country is a fantastic team event for all abilities.
The venues for the races vary each year, but generally consist of a 4 – 5 mile routes through varying terrain. The routes can sometimes be very challenging and often mucky, but always interesting.
For those who haven’t run in a league event before here a few pointers:
- You will be issued with a number at or before the event. That same number will be worn for all the league races……..Please don’t lose it!
- You need to run in club colours as these are team races. (Vest are available to borrow on the day)
- At the end of the finishing tunnel you will be handed a raffle ticket denoting your finishing position. Please hand ticket to the Club Captain or member assigned to collect tickets (you will usually be asked!)
- The team results will be collated and submitted to the league co-ordinator.
- The overall team results will be announced at the Race HQ as soon as possible after the finish of the race.
- The scoring team consists of our first 7 men, of which 2 must be Vets, and our first 3 ladies, of which 1 must be a Vet.
- Scoring is based on your finishing position, if you finish 24 then your points score is 24. The winning team is the one with the lowest combined number of points.
- Even if you are not in our scoring team you can affect other teams scores. For every other team scoring member you finish ahead of, you increase their team score because you finished ahead of them! EVERY POSITION COUNTS.
- There are 5 races and following the last race the final league positions will be announced.
- Finally, Good Luck & Have Fun!!
1. 22 Oct 2017 – Wellingborough
2. 12 Nov 2017 – Wootton
3. 26 Nov 2017 – Dunstable Road Runners
4. 17 Dec 2017 – North Herts Road Runners
5. 14 Jan 2018 – Biggleswade
Find out more about the 3 Counties League here